|DEGREE||METU EPE||ALES||B.S. CGPA||M.S. CGPA||ANNOTATIONS|
|M.S. with Thesis||70||65||2.50||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|Ph.D.||75||65||3.00||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11|
|Ph.D. on B.S.||75||80||3.00||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12|
4. Two (2) reference letters
5. Letter of Intention in English (included in the online form). In addition to the Graduate School's requirements, the Letter of Intention must also include: (i) a web link to the candidate's online CV, (ii) the candidate's reasons for choosing graduate study at METU Department of Industrial Design, and, (iii) for Master's and Ph.D. on Bachelor's candidates only, explanation of at least one potential thesis topic of interest to the candidate.
6. A two-stage evaluation process is made. In Stage 1, candidates may receive a maximum score of 70% (50% ALES + 10% Bachelor's degree CGPA + 10% Letter of Intention). A maximum of fifteen candidates, receiving the highest Stage 1 scores, will be invited to participate in Stage 2. In Stage 2, candidates may receive a maximum additional score of 30% (15% Written Exam + 15% Interview). The total score of Stage 1 and Stage 2 is used to determine successful candidates.
7. Candidates with any Bachelor's degree may apply: design aptitude and suitability to the program will be determined through the evaluation process.
8. Although not compulsory, candidates are encouraged to demonstrate evidence of their design and/or design research capability through a portfolio. In this case, candidates can provide a web link to their online portfolio in the Letter of Intention.
9. 50% ALES + 5% Master's degree CGPA + 25% (Letter of Intention + Ph.D. research proposal) + 20% Interview.
10. Ph.D. research proposal: between 1500 and 2000 words (excluding references), in English covering in order: (i) background, (ii) aim and scope of the proposed study, (iii) a brief review of the related literature, (iv) a statement explaining how the proposal is either different to, or builds upon, the candidate's prior research, and (v) list of references. Candidates submit their Ph.D. research proposals in PDF format via email to the Department of Industrial Design (email@example.com) within the application period.
11. To apply to Ph.D., both undergraduate and graduate transcripts are required.
12. 50% ALES + 5% Bachelor's degree CGPA + 10% Letter of Intention + 15% Written Exam + 20% Interview.