Ph.D./ Ph.D. on Bachelor’s Degree
- ALES score type has to be quantitative
- Additional Condition for Application: (ALES + (*)CGPA)/2 ≥ 80
- Cumulative GPA (CGPA) expressed in 4.00 scale is converted to 100 scale according to the conversion chart of YÖK (Higher Education Council of Turkey). (*) CGPA: Converted CGPA according to YÖK chart.
Candidates that will be invited to the interview are determined according to their ranking with respect to their %50 ALES + %50 CGPA scores and the number of graduate students that can be supervised by the faculty members working in the applied research area.
- Final Evaluation Score:
50% (ALES) + 25% (CGPA) + 25% (Interview and Area Committee Opinion)
- The choices for the field of study has to be made from Table C which lists the ten (10) fields of study for Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The designated abbreviations for the fields should be used.
- At most two (2) choices for the field of study are allowed(Table C).
- Turkish Citizens' applications are evaluated according to ALES exam score. GRE scores of applicants with only a GRE score, are converted to ALES score.
- Two (2) reference letters are required.
- All announcements and communications regarding the application including the dates for the interviews are carried out using the e-mail address of the applicant that is stated in the application.
- The applicants who do not attend the interviews are rejected. Foreign applicants who do not reside in Turkey at the time of the interview should inform the department vice chair for academic affairs by email immediately after the announcement of the results for further arrangements.
- The applicant's educational background is evaluated against the chosen fields of study for Ph.D. Program. If the applicant is accepted to the program while his/her educational background is not compatible enough with the program, the applicant is required to attend academic deficiency program. The content and duration of the academic deficiency program are determined for the applicant during the interview.
- To apply Ph.D., both undergraduate and graduate transcripts are required.
|Table C: Ten (10) fields of study that are defined for the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department
||Electrical Machines and Power Electronics (MACH)
||Power Systems (POW)
||Signal Processing (SIGNAL)