Last day to take thesis examination is included in the academic calendar.
For the students preparing for thesis defense:
Unbounded thesis copy, originality report and jury assignment form (jüri atama formu) should be sent to the institute by the relative department, 1 month prior to the jury date. Students should submit their unbounded thesis copies to the departments accordingly.
Students should get their checked/corrected draft (unbounded) thesis copies from the institute after 10 days following the submission of the thesis copy and the jury assignment form to the institute. Institute can not be held responsible for the probable mistakes and errors that are caused due to the changes introduced into the thesis after the institute’s correction.
NOTE: Thesis advisors must prepare 2 different Originality Report before and after (after corrections are completed) the jury date. It is enough to print the first page, on which similarity index is seen, for originality report.
Students should submit the followings with the thesis,
- Correction and survey forms previously returned with the draft thesis copy
- A CD that contains the whole thesis,
- Originality Report
In addition to these,
- The thesis copy (CD) which would be sent to YÖK, should be prepared according to the criterion given in
- A PDF copy of the thesis should be uploaded to the METU-Library using the “e-thesis submission form” link which is placed in the library main page.
* 4 thesis copies are for: supervisor, library, department and student. In case there is a co-supervisor, minimum 5 copies should be prepared. Students can prepare more than 1 copy for themselves. The thesis copy, that will be given Library, should include the tez fotokopi izin formu at the end of the covered thesis.